Wednesday, November 24, 2010

DIY Christmas Tags

Ever wonder what to do with your old Christmas cards?

I always save my cards from the previous year. We pull them out as Christmas card season rolls around, re-read them, make our list of who we need to send our cards to and then recycle them.

Last week we got out the cards, we've read through them, made the list and were ready to put them in the recycling. It seemed such a shame to just dump them into the recycling bin, but what would I do with them? The covers of the cards are for the most part untouched and must be good for something, then it hit me, gift tags!

My craft punch was sitting out so I got cutting. Presto chango, the old cards are new again! They are super easy to make and they save having to buy new tags for our gifts this year. Best of all the old cards gets one more use before hitting the recycling bin.




This is the style of punch I have, but many other shapes would do the job just as well.


Line up the punch and get cutting


These little cuties will do the job quite nicely!


Just punch a hole in the top of the card, add a ribbon and attach to your gifts!











1 comment: